Monday 7 November 2011

Choosing the Design for the Main Character

On Monday, Emily showed us an image from a vintage children's book she had with a boy who we have decided to base our character on.



We decided he would be best in a blue top so that he doesn't class with the red's of our circus staging, so after I removed him from the background and took out his bag, I isolated his top and changed the hue, so I have something like this:


Unfortunately, our disadvantage in using cut-outs of existing material is that there are limited 'poses' for our character. We don't have any close-ups or varied expressions which I would hope to use in my animation, so I have been playing with different ways of changing his expression.


The third image works the best for showing fear I think, but some more work required probably...

No comments:

Post a Comment