Saturday 19 November 2011

Life Drawing (16/11/11)

This week we started off with some basic 1-minute sketches to warm up:




Then we tried more 1-minute sketches, but left-handed; I was apprehensive at first, but on reflection I like these a lot -- there is a vulnerability to them which is lacking in my right-handed drawings, and an almost better sense of perspective etc. They are obviously less well defined and confident, but I think that actually works for them. I will definitely be trying this again and also will try to bring something of them into my right-handed drawings too.





After this we then were instructed to join up with straight lines our opposing joints, as well as vertical lines between similarly placed joints that way, in order to force us to analyse the spacing and proportions of the model and the pose. 





No comments:

Post a Comment