Tuesday 4 October 2011

The Pitch and New Collaboration

We pitched our ideas to the group today. Mine was not chosen, but I am happy with how the day went. I feel I pitched confidently and that the main failing was just that the idea was just a bit too much all at once and I had let the idea get out of hand. I will still hold onto the style idea and perhaps have a chance to use it another time.

There were some very strong ideas presented to the group, and tighter pitches than my own - a number of which I would have been happy to collaborate on.

Raph showed us a slightly disturbing but highly interesting cartoon 'Malice in Wonderland' which would have been a lot of fun to try to emulate in terms of style, but I thought there was less scope for innovation.


I liked Kay's idea (and Pete's apparently copied derivative!) both telling the story of a character climbing down/up using a loop, and creating the backgrounds in varying individual styles along their journey.

And there were a couple of particularly noteworthy more experimental ones - Will's tortoise and hair interpretation as a race between a light-wave and sound-wave and James' ethereal sound-matching seascape for example. And I was very glad to be introduced to a brilliant film, 'Robots of Brixton', as well as  the monster illustrations of John Kenn (which I will definitely be remembering for futureinspiration!)

http://koikoikoi.com/2010/10/john-kenns-monsters-on-post-it/

However, my favourite ideas were from Amber and Emily, whose group I've now joined. More of this in a separate post.

No comments:

Post a Comment